Subject: [Leica] Workplace camera policies
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Mar 26 17:18:00 2005

I haven't encountered the issue, but if there isn't a car break-in
problem in the garage, I'd just lock the thing in the car. A Leica may
be something you'd want to steal, but the reality is that these days the
average smash-and-grab junkie wouldn't even take it. I think I at some
point told the list that my daughter's apartment had been robbed - and
they left both her Rollei 2.8 and 3.5 on her bed, along with the other
crap they decided wasn't worth taking - but they did take her digital
p&s.

Certainly this is an obnoxious policy, but you can probably find a
work-around. I'd go for the reception desk, actually, and ask that
someone sign for it each day.