Subject: [Leica] Re: goth grrlz and walls
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Mar 25 19:59:46 2005

Growing up in Troy, Ohio there was a magazine shop downtown called
Tweeds. It smelled of cigars and other tobacco products, ruled over by
a man wearing a thread-bare wool cardigan who could see into the back
room with the paper backs and magazines. Yes...it's true...I bought my
first copy of "Fellowship of the Ring" there as well as copies of
"Galaxy" and "Analog".

But there were other products....products you asked for at the
counter...by title...and you'd darn well better know the title and
look like you knew what it was all about.

In later years, of course, I'd go to Kepler's in Menlo Park, CA and
right there in plain view would be magazines that Tweeds didn't DREAM
existed. Vollyball played....well....

So Kyle . . . nice work . . . and I'll type more as soon as my glasses
clear, my heart slows down, and my admiration stops swelling. That WAS
my admiration!

Damn good work, he said, leaning against the glass counter with the
beveled edges. Kyle winks and turns to the next customer who is
standing on tip-toe and pushing two quarters across the frosted
glass....

Replies: Reply from max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld) ([Leica] Re: goth grrlz and walls)
Message from jackherron at cox.net (Jack Herron) ([Leica] Re: goth grrlz and walls)
Message from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] Re: goth grrlz and walls)