Subject: [Leica] Touring in Central California
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Mar 26 23:25:39 2005

Today we did a bit of driving in Yolo County and to the Grizzly Island
Wildlife Area in Solano County near Suisun.

My favorite image is a small wildflower I photographed along county
road 25 in western Yolo County just east of the Vaca Range.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2005/03/26/_L3U1167.html>

In addition to some wildflowers are a selection of birds (thanks to
Doug Herr for his help in proper identification including a less
gouldfinch, a black-crowned night heron, a cinnamon teal and the
ever-popular red-winged blackbird, this time in full song.

Here's the web site for Grizzly Island:

<http://www.suisunwildlife.org/grizzly.html>

We also spotted approximately 18 tule elk, some with velvet antlers.
They were quite a way from the roads but  easy to spot with good Leitz
binocs!

All of these images were made with Leica optics. The sensor system was
the 1Ds MkII.

Comments, criticism and applause most welcome.

Adam Bridge