Subject: [Leica] B. D. PAW
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri Mar 25 13:35:51 2005

Sorry Ted, with all due respect, for me it's not about twisting reality, or
about not being honest, or about forgetting what honour is about.
It's about creating.
I've always been very open about that, and if not, my apologies.
The only doubt about photorealism I have is that even if you are "just"
pressing the shutter, and inserting all your experience and craftsmanship
into that one shot, it might well be possible that somebody else pressing
his shutter at about the same moment, could present a whole other kind of
reality than yours.
I've never pretended to be a photo jourmalist (nor do I have the skills),
but let's be honest, who can truly say his shot is unmanipulated? Those
working with 300mm plus lenses?

Philippe
---