Subject: Or the Zeiss Planar - Re: [Leica] Seeking a new 50
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Mar 25 07:35:09 2005

Scott McLoughlin
 [Leica] Seeking a new 50

Scott,
I haven't been following your 50 mm lens search but here's a quick way to
get over it and start shooting pictures the like you may not have done
before, that is unless you worked with a Noctilux..................
Noctilux go for it, end your lens search anxieties! ;-) Start shooting
amazing moments the likes you've never done before. :-)  IMHO!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

I've never worried about all the squiggles per mm that each lens comes with,
nor the lengthy testimonials about which is better than the other because
simply for me the final captured motivating moment with the least amount of
thought other than..... "Jeeeeeesh look at the ........ "click!" and faster
done than it took to type that.

My  concern has always been  capturing a moment others don't simply because
the Noctilux does that where others fear to tread without twinkie flash or
massive tripod. The lens is just as good at High Noon outdoors as it is in a
coal mine by the lamp of the miner at midnight....... just merely change the
aperture for effective exposure. ;-)

But then I'm a bias Noctilux user of about 30 plus years, same lens and
without a lens shade for at least 25 plus years because the pins to hold the
shade on fell out and the shade fell off! Oh well who needs it. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) (Or the Zeiss Planar - Re: [Leica] Seeking a new 50)
Message from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) (Or the Zeiss Planar - Re: [Leica] Seeking a new 50)