Subject: [Leica] B. D. PAW
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri Mar 25 07:07:00 2005

> From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:56:22 -0500
> To: 'Leica Users Group' <lug@leica-users.org>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] B. D. PAW
>
>Sure, you could tone in the darkroom, but again, this is a different
matter.
Look, you've decided that you want to use multiple images to produce a
> single image.
(And yes, I know that one of
Eugene Smith's iconic images was produced by sandwiching two negatives;
I also know that today he'd be instantly fired for doing that. ;-))
---
Thanks for your answer, B.D.
But if I've decided anything it is only that I want to produce images using
a camera, wether it is with a single image or with several.
Also, I don't see why darkroom toning would be different to PS duotoning.
I've done both with pretty much the same goal and results.
Finally, and out of curiosity, why would Smith be fired today? For twisting
the truth? IMO THE truth doesn't exist anymore, if it ever has, that is.

Kind regards,
Philippe

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] B. D. PAW)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] B. D. PAW)