Subject: [Leica] Seeking a new 50
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Fri Mar 25 06:19:34 2005

Scott,

I have had and used pretty much every Leica made 50mm except the
Noctiluxes, and all have some pluses and minuses. But the three 50s I
have kept are the last pre-asph Summilux, the current Elmar-M, and a
1950 Elmar f3.5. The Elmar-M is usable, in my experience, wide open.
But if I had to grab one 50mm for an assignment, it would be the
Summilux.

Hope this helps.

Will von Dauster
Boulder, Colorado