Subject: [Leica] Joshua Tree re-visited
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Mar 24 08:27:58 2005

That is the nature of the high desert in that vicinity,Peter. Grays
and gray/greens and then these vibrant foot-ball field or larger
patches of tiny flowers.

Later in the day we were driving north on US 395 toward Boron. Off in
the distance we could see a patch like this that was perhaps a mile
across - a vivid almost glowing yellow against the otherwise drab
landscape, as if a beam of light was illuminating it from the setting
sun.

There was no way to pull over for a picture - that part of the highway
that runs south to I-15 is heavily travelled by trucks who are NOT
interested in things like slowing down for any reason.

Thanks for your feedback!

Adam