Subject: [Leica] Hong Kong - now photofinishing
From: ccyau at iohk.com (CC Yau)
Date: Mon Mar 21 07:49:47 2005

Yes, photo finishing here in Hong Kong is cheap and in general of
reasonably good quality.   I use a chain service called Fotomax,
probably the largest here.  They are not the cheapest, each print of
size 4R (roughly 4x6) from their Fuji Frontier costs about HK$1.0 to
HK$1.20.  Takes only 1 to 2 hours for D (~HK$15) and P of a roll.
Others are charging say 0.8 to 0.9 only.  However they have a store
policy that you can return any of the prints with full refund, or you
can request them to do it again if the color etc does not match your
expectation.  For tourists here, beware that their price do vary
between regions, e.g, in Pacific Place, a large prestigious mall in
Hong Kong Island where they run the only photo finishing shop of the
mall, the price could double that of more competitive areas.

CC Yau
Hong Kong