Subject: [Leica] 75mm F/2 M lens?
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Sat Mar 19 20:55:54 2005

The APO Summicron 75/2.0 ASPH is likely to cost US$2,500 whereas the
Summilux 75/1.4 is priced at US$3,000 at present.

If the 75/2.0 is similar to the 50/1.4 ASPH and APO 90/2.0 ASPH, it will
have a very different 'finger print' than that of the 75/1.4.  I have always
found the latter closer to the Noctilux in terms of image characteristics.

In short, I expect the new 75/2.0 to be a smaller, lighter, less expensive
lens compared to the Summilux 75/1.4, but will likely to offer sharper
images with a more modern look, with less of that wonderful 'Leica glow'
that is often associated with the pre-ASPH 50/1.4, Noctilux and 75/1.4.

Joseph

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] 75mm F/2 M lens?)