Subject: [Leica] Crazy idea? Getting a photography degree
From: driggett at mac.com (Christopher Driggett)
Date: Sat Mar 19 07:01:19 2005

Richard,
        As some one in exactly the same boat as you I would say wait.   Wait
until the kids are done with college then sell the house. Move to an
area where it is cheap and where you would enjoy taking photographs and
not have to worry about money because by that time your silicon valley
house should be worth 2 million dollars and then you can retire and do
the things you love. That is my goal the only problem is I have 20 more
years to wait.  In the meantime I would pick up some good books and see
what you can learn from that. Online photo courses are great but when I
scheduled two hours with a photoshop expert one on one I learned more
than If I had taken 20 hours of online instruction.  Identify the area
of photography you want to specialize in and then tailor your study to
that.  As I write this my middle child just came up and sat on my lap
remember what's important now and take care of that.  As my wife
reminds me, when you are on your death bed what would  you have wished
for more, spend more time at work or with your family.

Good luck in your decision,
Chris