Subject: [Leica] Re:Billingham bags banned from u.s. domestic flights
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer)
Date: Tue Mar 15 05:33:54 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:10:25 -0800, Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
wrote:
> .
> >
> > TSA - These aren't the cameras we're looking for
> >

> To me arguing with cops is about the single dumbest thing you can ever do.
> There is no such thing as "logic" for a tired overworked cop.
>
> To me this is like going to Vegas gambling.
> The worst thing you can do is win.
> It plants it in your mind that this is a viable option that you might at
> some point fall back on. Then the odds in the houses favor take effect.

I really must go out to Vegas one day and actually gamble.  All these
years that I've been batting 1000 on talking my way out of tickets (5
so far) and I didn't see it as a portent of incredible luck.  I always
figured I hypnotized them into forgetting why they stopped me.
Probably why the TSA hardly ever seems to give me or my stuff more
than a cursory glance, and why no one seems to care where it is I take
pictures, and why eyes glaze over when I talk in meetings.  My special
gift!

--Glenn

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re:Billingham bags banned from u.s. domestic flights)