Subject: [Leica] Billingham bags banned from u.s. domestic flights
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Mon Mar 14 18:20:16 2005

What fools these Homeland Security people are! White does Whatel know?
Billingham bags were used 70 years ago to facilitate the escape from Das
Dritte Reich of Erwin Piscator, founder of the Berliner Volksbuhne that was
closed by the NSDAP 10 years later. The photos were taken not by Cassidy but
by an assistant of Piscator in the 1920's. They led in part to the closing
of the Volksbuhne.

Piscator left for the Soviet Union in the 30's from whence emissaries of
Josef Goebbels sought to persuade him to return to Berlin instead of which
he went to Paris, thence to New York where he and his wife, Maria Ley
Piscator, started the Actors' Studio program at the New School for Social
Research (Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward and a dozen or more
great hall-of-fame actors.

Besides, Homeland Security has failed to establish any connection whatever
between Billingham and Leica, let alone between Billingham and Cassidy. Not
that they need such an excuse.

;-)

.........for the record, that's a BIG wink.