Subject: [Leica] In the hands of its engineers, not bean counters
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Mar 13 18:41:13 2005

At 5:39 PM -0500 05.3.13, David Mason wrote:
>A company in the hands of the engineers is in no way some key to
>success. Most engineers are absolutely horrible at things like User
>Interface and they tend to focus on technologies which excite them -
>not those which people want or need.

I call this the Minolta phenomenon. I just wrote up a big rant on my
blog about how I dislike the proliferation of knobs and dials on
Minolta cameras. And anyone remember their short-lived 'program
cards' for the alpha series? Want more DOF, plug in a card!  Want to
capture a sports scene, plug in a card!

I think Canon did this foolishness with a bar code scanner too.......

Karen

Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/

--