Subject: [Leica] In the hands of its engineers, not bean counters
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 13 09:31:21 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I wouldn't write off Leica Solms. And the folks on LUG seem to be impressed
by the latest Leica M lenses. I don't think Leica makes any of their reflex
lenses. Maybe one or two. There's a lot of hand finishing in a Leica, so the
company has always banked on buyers who appreciate that precision. Even now,
no
other camera handles like a Leica M3 or M6 or M7. The shutter emits a
special
solid click indicative of the quality built into the body. Tradition doesn't
always keep up with the latest gewgaws.

When Leica does market its DM8, it will be in the tradition of its money
cameras of the past. Right now, Leica's fate is in the hands of its
engineers.

Bob

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] In the hands of its engineers, not bean counters)
Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] In the hands of its engineers, not bean counters)