Subject: [Leica] R8 and isDs viewfinders
From: jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Fri Mar 11 06:55:31 2005

Chris:

Except for using the Takumar fisheye, I had put my Pentax cameras away
for good.  So I was very surprised, when doing some comparison shopping,
to find that the Pentax isDs has such a bright viewfinder.

Viewed with no lens on either camera, the viewfinders of my isDs and my
R8 are of equal brightness.  The only discernible difference is that the
R8 viewfinder is "cold" whilst that of the isDs is "warm".

And, look at this:
http://www.cottysnaps.com/snaps/spare5.html

Jim