Subject: [Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Thu Mar 10 14:15:04 2005

I used to use a Logan, and a friend of mine swears by the Dexter that
Brian recommended.  I ended up swearing at it more than by it, so I
changed to a Maped cutter and have never had any problems since.

The Maped system I use has the cutting head mounted in a slot in the
ruler so you're always guaranteed that the blade is running straight.
Keeping it straight, especially in the corners was the problem I had
with the Logan/Dexter type systems, so this is done for you with the
Maped system.  Mine comes with two heads - one for 45 degree cuts and
one for 90 degrees (vertical).

As Brian says, a fresh blade is also preferable if you can afford it...

Simon.