Subject: [Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Mar 9 20:59:18 2005

I make mats all the time. I consider myself to be pretty good at it.

I stopped using dry mount presses 5 years ago. I use photographic tape
and/or spray glue now. Faster, better, and less damaging to the prints.

I've always used a Dexter MC80 mat cutter; I use a new blade for every mat.
I know you can spend a lot more money on mat cutters but I've never found
the need.
I don't think a left-handed person could use this properly, but, not being
one, I can't say for sure.

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters)
Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters)
Reply from jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters)