Subject: [Leica] First Try... Budapest
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Mar 9 05:22:27 2005

Helen is calling me to bed: Well I should do BUT; We arrived in
Budapest and were told that the massage here was a cultural experience.
There are private baths, but the guide book said the "real" experience
was to be had in the public baths. Not only that, it was cheap, and in
those days, cheap was good. Off we went. At the entrance, we struggled
with the language, and bought 2 standard massages: Helen went off to
the female section and I---- yes surprize surprize went to the male. I
walked in and wandered around, unsure of what to do: no one was
offering help, so I found a queue leading to a massage room. In the
room males were being given a rub down and it looked "appropriate". I
joined the queue with my "ticket" and waited about 20 minutes. On
reaching the front of the queue, I was informed that I was in the wrong
place. "NO NO NO" was all I understood, and there was some pointing. I
"sulked" off, thinking Helen will be finished and wondering where I am
( like now, when I should be in bed, not discussing life with a bunch
of LEICA users ;-0 )

When I crossed the building to the other side, I joined a much shorter
queue (its obvious isn't it) and waited. I was "welcome" at the end of
this queue. In the room were 7 or so ski rescue sleds. "Customers" were
hauled into these sleds and given a soap and water massage. When my
time arrived IGOR called me over. I was uncerimoniously heaved into the
sled, drenched in water, lathered up with soap and given a working over
that haunts my sleep to this day. I about 8 minutes flat, I was
"tipped" out of the sled and sent on my way. I showered, dried myself
and went outside. Helen was nowhere to be found. I sat in the waiting
area for another 15 minutes till she emerged: "wasn't that fantastic"
she exclaimed. "I've had the most wonderful massage". I looked up in
despair.

On 10/03/2005, at 12:05 AM, Seth Rosner wrote:

> Alastair, would you care to expand on the unhappy massage experience?
>  ;-)
>
> Seth,  DOM
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alastair Firkin"
> <firkin@ncable.net.au>