Subject: [Leica] OT: Some square snaps
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Mar 8 11:43:42 2005

Alastair,

The only time in my life I have been strip-searched was in Norway in the
late 80s. I was visiting my parents in Denmark and went up to Oslo to
visit a friend there. At the border, the Norwegians took a look at my
passport...US citizen, passport issued in Miami (I was living in Florida
  at the time). I was carrying 3 times the allowed amount of booze and
cigarettes for my friend (these essentials are extremely expensive in
Norway) but that is not what the customs officers were after. After 20
minutes they concluded that despite my Miami-issued passport and all the
episodes of Miami Vice that they had seen, I was NOT carrying any
cocaine ;-)

Despite all this, Norway is a beautiful country and even though I find
Oslo quite boring, it does come to life in the summer.

Nathan