Subject: [Leica] Re: changing face of photography
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 4 16:30:10 2005

In a message dated 3/4/05 4:45:44 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> I was just following a Nikon D2X thread another list. I had the chance to
> test drive one yesterday. It is indeed an amazing camera. But..... I
> remember
> when we the LUG included hot debates on whether or not a Lieca M was worth
> the price (around $2K at the time).? $5K is a lot for a camera body.

what is interesting is how Popular Photography shamelessly pushes digital
these days -- the aricles i can understand, but in a recent   set of reviews
they
talked about "budget busting" film cameras that cost $2 K, but didn't have a
single bad word to say about digital cameras costing $5 K.

Subtle use of words is how you set minds against things -- politics is not
the only place.

c trentelman