Subject: [Leica] Re: two lenses
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 2 17:49:11 2005

well, yes, of course, if you are sort of shooter you are, tina, who does it
professionally and needs, absolutely NEEDS that correct combo right now,
this
instant!, and may not know what that combo is ahead of time, you not being
psychic or anything. (try eating more carrots.)

I, on the other hand, do this for fun, never making a plug nickel at it.

I wander, I life the camera, I point it at something, I click the shutter,
serene in the knowledge that I am surrounded by an entire world population
(6
billion, give or take) not a single one of whom gives a rat's patoot how my
images come out, only little old me, even my wife is too busy to more than
glance
("Oh, that's nice dear...") and I happen to like the challenge of figuring
out
how, with only a 21mm super angulon (f 4, LTM factory adapted to M-- the
really extra special good model. Hey, I got it cheap.), for example, one
will
shoot this situation or that, as it presents itself.

Sometimes pretty well, truth be told. Sometimes very badly. Sometimes we
have
to really lean on that old artistic license ("It's just the way I intended,
really!") to justify the way we spent our day.

There is, of course, the occasional "damn! why did I leave the 50 (or 21!)
at
home" but those times are fleeting and only add to the alleged joy. With
this
sort of alleged mental state, one can see how choices would only confuse
things.

charlie trentelman