Subject: [Leica] Cold and dreary weekend in Berlin
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Feb 27 16:05:45 2005

Just got back from a weekend trip to Berlin.
Around -10 C, snow, ice , sleet and filthy grey clouds, the weather was so
bad
,and the going so treacherous, that we didn't manage to get to the better
known
parts of town this time.
I only managed to run off a couple of dull and dreary shots before
disappearing
into the next cafe for a Gl?hwein and to warm my feet.
Taken with (mostly) Leica 21/4 Super Angulon on Canon 20D, a couple with an
EF
28-135 IS zoom on a 300D(eg the bear).

Hope somebody likes them, comments and criticism are more than welcome.
Cheers from Hannover.
Douglas
I'm not sure which one of these works best (if at all)
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80362.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80363.html

The weather not fit to send a dog out in, well this young lady did and went
along too.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80365.html

Looking forward to seeing this colossal tree again in summer
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80366.html

Another piece of the Anti Fascist Barrier, it was never located anywhere near
here but bits of it turn up all over the place and tend to look a lot more
harmless
than they ever were - the graffiti is original West German from the original
location, if you find some on the other side of the wall it's post
re-unification stuff.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80367.html

Berlin is changing from day to day, there is so much new stuff being built
that
the town will soon be unrecognisable. The towered building is one of the new
government buildings.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80368.html

The symbol of Berlin - Bear sculpture on the Moabit Br?cke
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80369.html

A truly east German bird, although Berlin is only 90 minutes from here on the
train these birds are never seen around Hannover.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80370.html

Replies: Reply from alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer) ([Leica] Cold and dreary weekend in Berlin)