Subject: [Leica] Cold and dreary weekend in Berlin
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer)
Date: Sun Feb 27 16:26:29 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:11:10 +0100, Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@gmx.de>
wrote:

> I'm not sure which one of these works best (if at all)
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80362.html

This one works best for my eyes.  The tighter composition accentuates
the symmetry of the elements - the building, the ball, the reflections
in the windows.

> Looking forward to seeing this colossal tree again in summer
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80366.html

Beautiful and interesting tree.  Colossal must have a different
meaning in the old country - in America, our trees, like our cars, are
much bigger than yours.  :-)

> Another piece of the Anti Fascist Barrier, it was never located anywhere
> near
> here but bits of it turn up all over the place

'Anti Fascist Barrier' - was that the DDR term for what we call the
"Berlin Wall"?

> A truly east German bird, although Berlin is only 90 minutes from here on
> the
> train these birds are never seen around Hannover.
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80370.html

To answer your question, it's a Hooded Crow in English.  Similar in
appearance to our Black-billed Magpie.

--Glenn

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Cold and dreary weekend in Berlin)
Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Cold and dreary weekend in Berlin)