Subject: [Leica] A Plethora of PAWs
From: mr.blather at gmail.com (D L)
Date: Sun Feb 27 03:48:01 2005

I'm late to the game and playing catch up but here are my first set of
PAWs with some excuses/explanations.

If you want to avoid the excuses/explanations, feel free to jump
straight to http://photo.crazyjapan.com. If you like looking at train
wrecks, and as photographers you probably do, please read on.

All photos were taken with a Summarit 50/1.5 on a Yasuhara T-981 body.
I've been shooting Fortepan 400 for no particular reason, but may
switch to Scala in the near future.

Comments and critiques are welcome at photo@crazyjapan.com

PAW 1:
Keeping to the spirit of the Colloquial Glossary of the LUG FAQ, which
states that PAW has "deteriorated into a dreary parade of grainy, B&W,
poorly framed & composed, cat/ butt/ brat & empty-doorway snaps" I
offer a grainy, B&W, poorly framed & composed brat snap of my daughter
flipping a plastic steak in a plastic frying pan:
http://photo.crazyjapan.com/paw1.html

PAW 2:
A dreary snap of the start of a long snow storm in a town on the Japan
Sea coast of Japan. With that weather, and bad knees that keep me from
skiing, there wasnt' much to do but take pictures out the window:
http://photo.crazyjapan.com/paw2.html

PAW 3:
I've always been fascinated by the extremes taken to protect, from
winter cold, the palm trees in front of the school where I work. They
look like something out of Alien:
http://photo.crazyjapan.com/paw3.html

PAW 4:
Obligatory shot of the train station near my school:
http://photo.crazyjapan.com/paw4.html

PAW 5:
I got nothin'.

PAW 6:
An idyllic bamboo grove complete with a trash incinerator:
http://photo.crazyjapan.com/paw6.html

PAW6b (detail):
I thought PAW 6 would look good if I zoomed in a bit and made it
horizontal. Now I'm not so sure:
http://photo.crazyjapan.com/paw6b.html

PAW 7:
This one might actually qualify as cheating as the look is a
by-product of taking an underexposed snap and subjecting it to some
tweaks in Photoshop. Still, the fact that it's the best gives you an
idea of how bad a week this was:
http://www.crazyjapan.com/paw7.html

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Behind the shed: PAW 9)
Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] A Plethora of PAWs)