Subject: [Leica] Re:Epson printer
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sat Feb 26 09:06:13 2005

On Feb 26, 2005, at 8:28 AM, Christopher Williams wrote:

> Prints from an Epson 2200, 7600 or 9600 with the "proper" RIP software
> produces B&W images that look just like FB wet prints.

Not sure how this is possible. The reason why traditional fiber prints
look
the way they do is because the print is embedded in the actual paper.
With an inkjet print the image sits on top of the paper. Both reflect
and
scatter the light differently, thus looking different.

> This is without those piezo inks, using "off shelf inks". I've read
> Oriental or Seagull have FB
> style paper for inkjet printers now. Maybe that would be a great test
> to do.

I would be curious to see a print on one of these papers.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re:Epson printer)