Subject: [Leica] GeeBee's 'Street' photography
From: mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sat Feb 26 01:39:36 2005

I like http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/Temp7.htm

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/o11.html is an English update of a
rather famous HCB shot :-)

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+mail=steveunsworth.co.uk@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+mail=steveunsworth.co.uk@leica-users.org] On Behalf
Of Matt Morgan
Sent: 26 February 2005 06:18
To: Leica Users Group

Graham,

I think some of these shots are excellent. I'm not sure if it's because
I'm English and read more into them, but certainly the juxtaposition of
Indian's in a traditional English seaside town speaks volumes to me.
Whether you meant it or not, rather than just photographs of
composition, I find some of these project a strong sub-textural story.
The 'ice-cream' shot is particularly good in this respect, also the
white guy with the dog next to the seated Indian's (or Pakistanis).

With my documentary filmmaker's head on, this sort of photography, that
captures and projects more than just the image, appeals to me more than
any other.

We all love your walks through fields and country, and long may they
continue, but I'd really like to see more people through your lens. I
detect your observational sense of humour in the previous 'exercise'
shots,  which gives you the 'eye' to see these elements of contrast in
a subject.

The UK seaside towns in all their tacky working-class glory are rich
pickings for documentary photography. They highlight changing Britain
in many ways. I sit here now on the other other side of the world
wishing I could go to some with my camera right now.

You'll have to do it for me Graham :-)

Many thanks.

Matt.