Subject: [Leica] LEICA could be clever
From: mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sat Feb 26 01:31:24 2005

Nathan, I could be wrong, but I wonder if Leica were fixated on the idea
of a full frame sensor for the digital M when they kept saying that it
wasn't possible? From what I've seen of the vignetting in some of the
shots from the RD1 they cold still be right. The decision to go for a
1.3 chip has probably made the engineer's lives much easier :-)

Does anyone think that the non-professional SLR market will eventually
stabilise at 10 mega pixels? If manufacturers continue to up the pixel
count on the 1.6 crop SLRs won't we begin to see the same kind of noise
that plagues the P&S market?

Steve