Subject: [Leica] Nikon D2X, or wait for the actual production models
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Fri Feb 25 20:35:06 2005

Right, why bother with a $3499 D2hs when you can get 7mp with the D2x on
crop mode or use the full 12mp for $1500 more? Sucks my D2h is worth less
used than a D1x! But it's faster. :)

Nikon is a much smaller company and except for the D2h, does not make their
own chip. Nikon's D2x has a Sony CMOS. Canon has tons of $$$ to spend on
R&D, they make their own everything. Nikon did very well and still does well
with the D70. Even boosted profits way up even with the Rebel being less and
the 20D coming out for a little more $$$ with 8mp. Remember even with the
new 8mp Rebel coming out, it will have less features than a D70. Just like
the D70 has less features than the D100. Where is that D200????

>From what I hear from Canon shooters I know, the new CMOS chip is not as
sharp in the 1D Mark II compared to the CCD chip in the older 1D. Who knows,
whatever. As long as it gets you paid and takes great images. Hell, a Holga
can do that for you!

There's always something new.

Hey, Nikon that D2x better be what you say it is. I need some more mp's!

Chris