Subject: [Leica] LEICA could be clever
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Feb 23 17:51:25 2005

Call me an old fool - never mind, that's been done. Anyway, I'll put a
very small amount of money on the proposition that the Zeiss Ikon film
camera, if it ever appears, is nothing but a place holder for the Zeiss
Ikon digital rangefinder. I don't think there is a resurgence of
interest in either rangefinders or film - and I think the people at
Zeiss know that. I think the focal lengths of the new lenses have been
very intentionally selected with a multiplication finder in mind, and
that while we'll never see a digital Leica M, we will see a digital M
mount Zeiss.

B. D.