Subject: [Leica] Re: Books and Computers...
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Feb 23 16:42:29 2005

Medium format is dying on the vine - check out the prices for used MF
film equipment. It's not so much that everyone shooting MF is going to
MF digital, which is still extremely expensive (although many studios
have gone that route), but rather that as the Canon EOS 1Ds full-frame
SLR has gotten better, the arguments in favor of medium format become
weaker. Clearly digital is replacing medium format film for most aspects
of the wedding business.

Sure, film will remain around - but most photography is already, or will
soon become synonymous with digital.

As for books...Yes, most people who read books still want to read books
- but newspapers are being really hurt by internet based communication.
There are many smart people who believe that the paper paper for pay, as
we know it, is on the way out, to be replaced by dumbed down free
tabloids, and on-line news.

B. D.