Subject: [Leica] Re: Porsche and Leica
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Tue Feb 22 23:43:16 2005

I should be careful about what I wish for.  Porsche was turned around
by quite radically changing its approach to design and manufacturing
and through appealing to what they described as the 'changing demands
of it's customers'.  I.e., more comfort and convenience, and more
performance but not so raw please.

So with Leica under Porsche's wing we would see the equivalent of the
dropping of the air cooled engine - M and R mounts dropped for new
designs that are better suited to digital, autofocus and image
stabilising.  The purists would scream for a very long time and would
look down early adopters of the new models, and would then go out and
buy them too, helping make Leica one of the most profitable companies
in Europe.   :-)

What would the Leica equivalent of the Cayenne be?

Rick.