Subject: [Leica] Leica News in German
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Feb 21 15:58:33 2005

Leica film cameras will indeed be heirlooms, probably as display items
to put on shelves, rather than as cameras - a bit like the type writers
allot of people have as object d'art....meanwhile, we can use them...

And, truth be told, I'd suggest that this really became inevitable when
Leica gave into the screams of all the damn traditionalists and let the
M5 die...THAT was the beginning of the end. Interesting that, if memory
from earlier today serves me, that German news story refers to Leica not
as the company that invented 35 mm photography, or the company whose
cameras in the 50s and early 60s became synonymous with world-class
photo journalism, but instead refers to it as "tradition bound," which,
Simon, is NOT a compliment. ;-)