Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica sightings
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sun Feb 20 10:47:00 2005

Over the years I think I've seen a total of maybe five M cameras on the
street being carried by civilians, all of
them here in Los Angeles. Three were up at the Getty Center and the
others were on the 3rd street
Promenade in Santa Monica, but it's pretty common to see street
shooters there. I've spotted perhaps a dozen or more in the hands of
PJ's and other professionals. In Europe I have yet to see one, but have
come across many
people who recognized what I was shooting with, black tape or not. ;-)
I have never seen an LTM on the street,
but once froze an ancient Japanese gentleman dead in his tracks when he
spotted my IIIc. It turned out that he had
owned one BEFORE the war, lost it and never quite got over it. I almost
gave him the damn camera.

Oddly enough I have seen at least three Rollei TLR cameras.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld) ([Leica] Re: Leica sightings)