Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica sightings
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Feb 20 08:25:17 2005

I think your statistics are right on.  In 40 years of regular travel
around the United States, Europe and Africa, I saw only one guy
carrying a Leica.  Then, last Saturday, here were five of them
(actually four guys and a gal - she had the M3) carrying six Leicas
in total.  Amazing!

It was probably just a statistical fluke aided by the enormous
numbers of people in the park that day.   Aided, too, I suspect, by
the fact that is was an art event and as such, more likely to bring
out the affluent crowd than, say, a rock concert.

I did see one meterless Nikon F, a Pentax SLR and a few other film
SLRs I couldn't identify.  That's it.

It does argue for the Leica M's staying power.

Regards,

Dick
Boston MA