Subject: [Leica] bad news and good news about the R-D1
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sat Feb 19 08:14:44 2005

Sure. I just can't justify to myself a throwaway $3K camera :-(   Especially
something full of electronics and what not that's likely to have some
fiddly
issues over time.

This is a hobby for me, and as a single fellow approaching middle age, I
appreciate the hobby's help in lightening my bank account :-)  But somehow,
the R-D1 steps over some kind of psychological line in the sand.  I'm
also a
Nikon shooter, and I'm at least somewhat confident that a similarly priced
Nikon digi body will have ongoing support in future years.

I don't have the same level of touchy-feelies about the Epson at this point,
but I am itching for a smallish RF digi with a nice viewfinder. So I
wait and
watch.