Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW5 ...... YUCK!
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Feb 19 06:26:52 2005

Well, no, actually - It was quite intentionally tilted - something
that's pathetically popular these days and something I usually eschew;
it was intended to be more silhouette than anything else, and ended up
being that. It was an experiment, and as such I'm not particularly
unhappy with it. Is it the best thing I've ever shot? Hell no. Is it
better than Robert suggests? I'd say so.

Interestingly enough, another former LUGGER and I have a mini-critique
of sorts going - when we shoot something we like, but we're really not
sure if it "is something" - in other words, whether it works, has that
indefinable something special, or falls flat - we send an email with the
image attached and the subject line "is this something?" We are both
quite critical, and more often than not say, 'no, it doesn't quite work
because....It might have worked if...' Well, this was one were he said,
"Yup. I like them both" (5 and 5a)

All that proves is that different people see differently.

I'd love to look at your work, btw, Robert - where do I go to find it?

B. D.