Subject: [Leica] The ever-popular lens fingerprint/3D thing
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Feb 15 00:11:36 2005

Funny, this, I had attributed the 3D effect to films! I noticed as a
teenager that Kodachrome films gave a very 3D effect compared to
Agfachrome. I used an Agfa Silette camera at that time. Cameras were
spectacularly expensive in the UK at that time and the UK had been
pretty well bankrupted by WW2 so having top quality camera was not an
option for a keen schoolboy. A Leica cost about 6 months wages then.
The Agfa lens was obviously pretty good.
Frank