Subject: [Leica] Which 'cron or 'lux? now nuts with no lights
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Fri Feb 11 08:26:24 2005

Hey! I have done that too :-)

  It was snowing like the dickens and you couldn't see much but white
past your headlights. We were going quite slow until for some reason or
other I turned off the lights (it was decades ago and I don't remember
why). All of a sudden you could see for miles. There was a full moon
lighting a thin layer of clouds just like a big fat umbrella reflector.

We left our park lights on and blasted down the highway like it was a
sunny day. When approaching a car ahead, we would turn on our lights to
pass them and then switch them off. Soon the everyone was driving with
only their park lights.

Now what was this all about? Oh yes, lens shades. If no lens shade
means a small bag, the ability to carry more gear and an unobstructed
view? Why not?

If you want to use the lens shade, great. I was just pointing out to
someone who found the shade awkward that the lens could be used
successfully without it. I have/had other lenses that I use without
shades (21A, 24A and Noctilux). I also have have lenses I use with
shades (50/1.4A, 90/2AA, 135 hektor and T-E). Finally I had lenses that
I couldn't get a big enough shade for (90/2.8T-E and 50/2). Had being
the operative word.

John Collier