Subject: [Leica] Back to... NOW... DIGITAL SLIDES?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Feb 10 16:39:45 2005

Nathan Wajsman pointed out:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Back to... NOW... DIGITAL SLIDES?

> Well, Ted, the cost IS a problem...just out of curiosity, I am going to
> check with s-Color in Amsterdam how much it is. But even if we assume a
> low price like 1 Euro per image, that would still be 36 EUR (equivalent to
> a lot more of your Canadian rubles) for the equivalent of a roll of film.
>
> I think I prefer to wait for the projector technology to improve.

Hi Nathan,
Sorry I can't wait for the technology to catch-up! ;-) I've a lecture series
to do in March and April where I want to use digital photos. But the sound
of the anti-digital projector posts scared me, along with a few comments at
a previous lecture about my digital images on the screen.

However. I just got off the phone with my "most favoured colour side lab"
Where we discussed slides made from digital,
Cost start to finish?... $6.00 per slide!  Now that can't be too bad, the
bonus is, the more you have done the price drops like a fast falling rock.
:-)

They will also for that price, take the original images, scale them to size
that will produce the best "digital image-slide" possible. No it wont be as
good as a film slide of slow sped film, however it'll look like a good
slide.

So next week a number of images will go for a test production to see how
they'll look viewed on a 10' square screen. Will let you know.

ted

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Back to... NOW... DIGITAL SLIDES?)
Reply from mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre) ([Leica] PAW update)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Back to Lisboa, new pictures)