Subject: [Leica] Back to... NOW... DIGITAL SLIDES?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Feb 8 22:22:03 2005

Nathan Wajsman and Henning Wulff adviced:

Henning:
>>I won't try to speak for Nathan, but my experience has been that if you
>>like projecting slides on a screen, digital has nothing to offer at
>>present that comes close. That's not because the image quality doesn't
>>measure up, but because the digital projectors don't measure up.<

Nathan
> You have spoken for me very well. Projection is definitely the weakest
> link in the whole digital imaging chain. Even units costing several
> thousands (I have seen some at business meetings etc.) are clearly
> inferior to a good slide projector. That is why I am keeping my Pradovit,
> since I have a large slide collection.
>
> Hopefully that part of the technology will evolve as well.<<<,

Let's say you have a collection of beautiful digi photographs you're going
to screen for teaching or presentation and you know they're going to look
like crap through a digital projector. So why show them through the digital
projector?

Why not use PS, size your images to a 35mm slide  1.5" X 1.0 Crop and burn
to CD, take it to the colour lab and have them make "slides?"

Now you should have? The best of both worlds, your digi photographs and the
class act of showing slides?

OK, so what are the problems.... apart from the cost? Or has anyone gone
this route and how well did it work?

ted

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Back to... NOW... DIGITAL SLIDES?)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Back to Lisboa, new pictures)