Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW 6, Vuescan?
From: jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Wed Feb 9 07:53:42 2005

Hi Tarek:

Mine are both the Leafscan45 which will scan 35mm to 4x5".

They're no longer made but are still available on ebay and occaisionally
on the Leafscan Yahoo list.  $20,000 new, $1,500 two years ago and
around $500-750 now.  The 35mm only version is much less.

The Leafscan have RGB filters for color and a gray filter for B&W...
excellent shadow detail.  DPI is 5000+ for 35mm, less for larger formats.

There's one of the 35mm versions available on ebay now, with only an
hour to go before the auction ends.

I'm not familair with the Minolta but have heard good things about it.

The Leafscan machines are slow, that's why I have two of them for those
times when I need to get a lot done.

Jim