Subject: [Leica] Re: R8/20D comparison (WAS: 75 'cron)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Feb 6 21:46:59 2005

On 2/6/05 6:45 PM, "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@shaw.ca> typed:

> The digital back when attached to an R8 or 9 increases the depth of the
> camera from lens side to back side and the increased thickness extends out
> the back significantly when trying to put your eye to the viewfinder.
> Certainly for those of us accustomed to shooting with film. This is an
> obvious enlarged size factor mentioned several times in the past by others
> who've had the opportunity to handle the R8 with digital back attached.
>
> ted

With the back attached the R8 cameras I saw certainly looked even more
formidable than the sticker shock, Ted and I could see why they said they
were already looking into a digital body like everyone else's.

Hopefully when they do they could emulate the ergonomics of the R8 with
regular film back successfully making for a nice continuity of feel between
shooting film and digital with ones R system.

I would think the "bigness" of the R8 might lend it's basic shape to a
making of a digital body. It might even be bigger in size than the D100 I'm
using now!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon