Subject: [Leica] 75 'cron now 105 F1.4
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Feb 6 08:23:16 2005

I think Don, I was responding to all this talk as basically un-scientific.
The LUG depends upon more general feel rather than to quantitative
issues.... thus getting all the knickers knotted in the assembled melee.
Everyone joins in with a biased opinion.  Nothing becomes clear.

There is a lot to the subjective in photography, in fact, it is all there
is, really.  I think the comparison ( most important word) in photography is
wrongly stated.. there are differences.  Do not compare, but rather to
embrace each for its strengths.

Does it work?  is probably not a question.... maybe the question is...
Describe the output do you get when you......

Now we can describe the emotional feelings when looking at the images.
Precisely what you state below.....and we can embrace the results.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Frank,
I was wondering what the images would look like as images, not to
compare some indefinable quality measurement.  Just like some fashion is
now shot with 300mm lenses, what would a portrait look like with a 105
F1.4?