Subject: [Leica] 75 'cron now 105 F1.4
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Feb 6 07:39:36 2005

Frank,
I was wondering what the images would look like as images, not to
compare some indefinable quality measurement.  Just like some fashion is
now shot with 300mm lenses, what would a portrait look like with a 105
F1.4?

If you remember a National Geographic cover from more than a decade ago,
they had a woman behind a rather attractive veil with the focus on the
veil. That is what I was interested in seeing.

I was trying that at the Leica Seminar with Tina's 80 Summilux on her
20D.  The image was quite striking, it would have been much better if
the shutter speed wasn't around 1/8.

Hmm, put the 135 F2 on a 20D...

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com