Subject: [Leica] 75 'cron
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Feb 6 07:25:14 2005

Seth... what part of the email from Don did you feel was "invaluable"  to
the planners at Leica?  The idea about the 105 F1.4 you thought was not, but
Don has other interesting ideas there.....

A new 105 F2?  ( actually I think this is a reference to the 1.-whatever AOV
difference in a digital sensor that is not full 24x36)
Don't do another 75?
A faster 24, maybe geared to the future digital M?
A new 15, maybe F4 or faster?
A redesigned Noctilux to use ASPH elements and lighter materials?
A new APO Macro 75 F2 with a free VF upgrade frame?  ( could be what we are
going to get anyway... minus the VF upgrade).

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Don, I'm forwarding your post to Stefan Daniel at Solms; it seems to me that
input like yours should be invaluable to the planners at Leica. Only one
disagreement with you: I do not believe that a 105/F1,4 is possible for two
reasons, one because I think that even if it is technologically achievable
it would be ferociously expensive and monstrously heavy and bulky and two,
perhaps more important, I do not think it would work on an M-camera, the
bulk of such a lens would block the viewfinder.

Seth