Subject: [Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)rnow, color management software question!?
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Thu Feb 3 14:43:40 2005

Yo! To all digital maniacs! Need some help here!
I was wondering if anyone on the list uses, or has used,  the Imageprint
software from Colorbyte (www.colorbytesoftware.com)
An associate has a couple of copies with licenses for both Epson 7600
and Epson 4000 printers he is trying to sell- upgradable to the current
version 6
Supposedly, the software permits workflow from one or more computers
(these are Windows server versions) to one or more printers, with
consistant results, and custom made profiles- The software seems to be
aimed at Fine-Art printers and people doing commercial and exhibition
work. These are raster versions but Postscript add-ons can be used... I
am still working out the possibilites of my Kodak 8650, so absorbing
info from the website about  this new stuff is almost boggling my, by
now, somewhat mushy brain!
Since I am hot to get a 4000 to replace the trusty but aging 1200 for
larger prints, I am tempted to get one of these for myself. since I can
get it for about half the $1500 selling price. I thought I'd ask if
anyone here had any knowledtge of it- It would be nice to know whether
the $800 cost would be worthwhile!
Thanks for any help!
Dan (Input me with data, spaz brother!) Post

Perhaps a dash of Dalmore, or McCallans will calm me down! :o)~

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)rnow, color management software question!?)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)rnow, color management software question!?)