Subject: [Leica] Re: Scanning software bum-out
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jan 26 16:14:44 2005

He should hire someone who has a clue about how to design human interfaces.

Software that works, but which is terribly documented and whose GUI is
poorly designed is crap.

Is it worth $40? Well sure - as long as you have no expectations about
its usefulness and want to spend hours dicking around with it while
you learn.

That's just WRONG. And so I stand by my statement: he's clueless
because with a bit of investment that he clearly doesn't want to make
he could have a killer product - but he doesn't either because he's
too lazy or doesn't give a damn about making something genuinely
useful. Instead he's satisfied ot make something geeky and
inaccessible.

Yes, it works. No, it's not elegant or even pretty. Parts of it are
incomprehenisble. And it's has TERRIBLE documentation.

These are crimes of software publication.

Accept crap and you'll get  more crap. It's worked for Microsoft for years.

Adam