Subject: [Leica] OT: A little history
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jan 25 10:28:04 2005

Not only does it bring back memories, it serves as an excellent reminder
of how spectacularly far, and in how short a time, digital has evolved.
It may also suggest - emphasis on the "may" - that some of what many
call marketing ploys and planned obsolescence by digital camera
manufacturers is simply light-speed evolution and a marketing 'space
race,' rather than a ploy to make equipment obsolete on a regular basis.