Subject: [Leica] Adhesives in a Leica lens??
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Jan 24 06:34:08 2005

Old vs. new 90 'Cron is a redesign, complete.  New computers to calculate,
new metals, new glasses, new tooling to manufacture, new attitudes to
manufacturing tolerances, etc.

You are correct.  Now where do you want this to go?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I was looking at the older 90 'cron and comparing it to the new
version. It seemed that the difference in weight and size had to come
from a manufacturing rethink. I suspect that the new adhesives are
giving leica options they didn't dare look at just a generation ago.
S.